Internet speed tests still available for some residents
Panorama Mountain Resort, Wilmer and Moyie area residents are invited to test internet speed, as well residents in Golden, Kicking Horse, Upper Donald, Nicholson, Wynndel, Slocan, New Denver, Silverton, Rosebery, Nakusp, Salmo, Ross Spur and Valemount.
The Trust asks residents to take this internet speed test before Sunday, January 31.
It’s easy. And important, The Trust says.
“By taking the online speed test, you are providing specific data about the true state of connectivity in your area. This information determines eligibility for federal connectivity granting programs. Certain areas of the Columbia Basin are showing as meeting service expectations; however, that is not what we heard from you. If you live in one of these communities, take the speed test by January 31.”
PLEASE READ BEFORE DOING THE SPEED TEST:
To ensure that your test counts, please follow these steps closely.
- Click the Start orange button to begin the test.
- Confirm your location on the map. Drag the orange marker if required.
- You must complete the form on the right hand side of the screen about your current internet package (it says optional, but we need the data!) You can find this information on the bill from your service provider, or on their website.
- If 50 Mbps Download/10 Mbps Upload or greater is not available in your community, please enter “50/10 No” in the Comments section.
- Click OK to begin the test.
Go to this link and scroll down to take the speed test.
The CIRA Internet Performance Test is intended to provide data for researchers to better understand and improve the Canadian Internet.
For more information on CIRA internet tests click here.
Columbia Basin Trust image