Village presents beautification contest rules and instructions
Show your community pride and beautify your home or business with landscaping, plantings, or other creative touches! Plant some flowers, paint, trim up those trees – anything to show your community spirit and pride in your home.
The ‘Whole Nine Yards’ Beautification Contest will be held within the following dates: Entry nomination deadline: July 31; Contest judging and winners announced in August.
Please read these rules and instructions carefully and complete the registration form.
- Participation is open to all residences and business within the boundaries of the Village of Canal Flats;
• Participants must be nominated to enter. You may not nominate yourself, however you are more than welcome to ask a friend to nominate you. Nominees must have a Village of Canal Flats address and agree to be nominated;
• Entry is free, there are no fees associated with this competition;
• Nominations must be received by the deadline: July, 31, 2020;
• Contest is for home exteriors and yard improvements that can be viewed from the road. Only improvements made to the street side of your property will be judged. Judges will not enter the property to view side or back yards;
• Notwithstanding clause 5 – panhandle lots – or other lot configurations which can’t be viewed from the road are still able to participate – with a photograph of the front of their home (or business);
• Participants agree to have one or more photos of their residence posted to the village website or Facebook page. Participants agree that there will be no compensation of any kind for this posting or publication;
- Judging categories will be for Best Overall. All entries must include an address. Village parks will not be eligible for the competition;
- Judging will occur in August, 2020 and an announcement made shortly afterward.
• Two prizes will be awarded. One first place prize of a $250 gift certificate to the Canal Flats Family Pantry and an honourable mention award of a $100 gift certificate to the Canal Flats Family Pantry;
• Contact information is required on registration forms to contact participants who win prizes. • Individuals who nominate someone for competition will have their name entered in a draw for one of two prizes valued at $25 each. You may nominate as many participants as you wish, however your name will only be entered in the draw once.
• Be creative and have fun!
If you have any questions, please contact Adrian Bergles at (250) 349-5462. Entry nominations can be submitted to the Village Office, or online via email.
Lead image: A view from south side of the Kootenay River of Canal Flats. e-KNOW file photo
Village of Canal Flats