B.C.’s COVID-19 update for January 25
B.C. is Jan. 25 reporting 1,446 new cases of COVID-19, for a total of 314,522 cases in the province.
Note: The numbers of total and new cases are provisional due to a delayed data refresh and will be verified once confirmed.
There are 32,468 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 277,285 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 985 COVID-positive individuals are in hospital and 144 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
The new/active cases include:
* 319 new cases in Interior Health (total active cases: 7,297);
* 508 new cases in Fraser Health (total active cases: 14,715);
* 309 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health (total active cases: 7,527);
* 147 new cases in Northern Health (total active cases: 1,246);
* 163 new cases in Island Health (total active cases: 1,679).
In the past 24 hours, one new death (Fraser Health) has been reported, for a total of 2,554.
There have been no new health-care facility outbreaks. The outbreak at Kopernik Lodge (Vancouver Coastal Health) has been declared over, for a total of 63 facilities with ongoing outbreaks, including Joseph Creek Care Village in Cranbrook.
As of Tuesday, Jan. 25, 89.6% (4,467,392) of eligible people five and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 83.6% (4,167,276) have received their second dose.
In addition, 92.6% (4,291,424) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, 89.9% (4,166,375) received their second dose and 41.3% (1,912,122) have received a third dose.
Also, 92.9% (4,019,925) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose, 90.4% (3,907,880) received their second dose and 44.2% (1,910,574) have received a third dose.
From Jan. 17-23, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 28.5% of cases. From Jan. 10-23, they accounted for 29.6% of hospitalizations.
Past week cases (Jan. 17-23) – Total 13,537
* Not vaccinated: 3,083 (22.8%)
* Partially vaccinated: 774 (5.7%)
* Fully vaccinated: 9,680 (71.5%)
Past two weeks cases hospitalized (Jan. 10-23) – Total 1,118
* Not vaccinated: 279 (25.0%)
* Partially vaccinated: 51 (4.6%)
* Fully vaccinated: 788 (70.4%)
Past week, cases per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Jan. 17-23)
* Not vaccinated: 396.9
* Partially vaccinated: 200.0
* Fully vaccinated: 236.1
Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Jan. 10-23)
* Not vaccinated: 71.0
* Partially vaccinated: 40.9
* Fully vaccinated: 16.9
Since December 2020, the province has administered 10,506,471 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca and Pfizer Paediatric COVID-19 vaccines.
e-KNOW file photo