B.C.’s COVID-19 update for November 15
As of Monday, Nov. 15, 90.7% (4,203,257) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 86.8% (4,021,455) have received their second dose.
In addition, 91.1% (3,940,151) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 87.3% (3,776,870) have received their second dose.
Over a three-day period, B.C. is reporting 1,270 new cases of COVID-19, including 10 epi-linked cases, for a total of 213,020 cases in the province:
* Nov. 12-13: 502 new cases;
* Nov. 13-14: 387 new cases;
* Nov. 14-15: 381 new cases.
There are 3,837 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 206,665 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 376 individuals are in hospital and 116 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
The new/active cases include:
* 275 new cases in Interior Health (total active cases: 762);
* 417 new cases in Fraser Health (total active cases: 1,325:;
* 121 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health (total active cases: 474);
* 274 new cases in Northern Health (total active cases: 641);
* 183 new cases in Island Health (total active cases: 576).
In the past 72 hours, 16 new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 2,273.
The new deaths include two in Interior Health, one in Fraser Health, two in Vancouver Coastal Health, three in Northern Health and eight in Island Health.
There have been no new health-care facility outbreaks. The outbreaks at Mission Memorial Hospital and Cherington Place (Fraser Health) have been declared over, for a total of 23 facilities with ongoing outbreaks.
From Nov. 5-11, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 60.2% of cases. From Oct. 29 to Nov. 11, they accounted for 66.9% of hospitalizations.
Past week cases (Nov. 5-11) – Total 3,445
* Not vaccinated: 1,890 (54.9%)
* Partially vaccinated: 181 (5.3%)
* Fully vaccinated: 1,374 (39.9%)
Past two weeks cases hospitalized (Oct. 29 to Nov. 11) – Total 336
* Not vaccinated: 202 (60.1%)
* Partially vaccinated: 23 (6.8%)
* Fully vaccinated: 111 (33.0%)
Past week, cases per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Nov. 5-11)
* Not vaccinated: 241.0
* Partially vaccinated: 69.9
* Fully vaccinated: 31.4
Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Oct. 29 to Nov. 11)
* Not vaccinated: 40.8
* Partially vaccinated: 14.4
* Fully vaccinated: 2.4
Since December 2020, the province has administered 8,441,045 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines.
Lead image: COVID-19 passport station at the entry to Horsethief Pub and Eatery in Radium Hot Springs. Carrie Schafer/e-KNOW photo