B.C.’s COVID-19 update for November 25
As of Thursday, Nov. 25, 91.0% (4,218,099) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 87.5% (4,056,728) received their second dose.
In addition, 91.4% (3,953,383) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 88.1% (3,808,967) received their second dose.
B.C. is reporting 424 new cases of COVID-19, including one epi-linked case, for a total of 216,758 cases in the province.
There are currently 3,061 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 211,202 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 295 individuals are in hospital and 112 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
* 93 new cases in Interior Health (total active cases: 608);
* 140 new cases in Fraser Health (total active cases: 1,092);
* 62 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health (total active cases: 512);
* 66 new cases in Northern Health (total active cases: 414);
* 63 new cases in Island Health (total active cases: 429).
In the past 24 hours, three new deaths have been reported, for a total of 2,316.
The new deaths include one in Interior Health and two in Fraser Health.
There have been two new health-care facility outbreaks at Ridge Meadows Hospital (Fraser Health) and St. Paul’s Hospital (Vancouver Coastal Health). The outbreaks at Royal Inland Hospital (Interior Health) have been declared over, for a total of 10 facilities with ongoing outbreaks.
The outbreaks at Mar Jok Elementary and M.V. Beattie Elementary School (Interior Health) have been declared over.
From Nov. 17-23, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 58.9% of cases and from Nov. 10- 23 they accounted for 68.5% of hospitalizations.
Past week cases (Nov. 17-23) – Total 2,650
* Not vaccinated: 1,461 (55.1%)
* Partially vaccinated: 101 (3.8%)
* Fully vaccinated: 1,088 (41.1%)
Past two weeks cases hospitalized (Nov. 10-23) – Total 301
* Not vaccinated: 188 (62.5%)
* Partially vaccinated: 18 (6.0%)
* Fully vaccinated: 95 (31.6%)
Past week, cases per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Nov. 17-23)
* Not vaccinated: 197.7
* Partially vaccinated: 44.6
* Fully vaccinated: 24.4
Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Nov. 10-23)
* Not vaccinated: 39.3
* Partially vaccinated: 11.6
* Fully vaccinated: 2.1
Since December 2020, the province has administered 8,609,643 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines.
Lead image: Provincial case counts from Nov. 14 to 20. BC Centre for Disease Control