B.C.’s COVID-19 update for November 29
As of Monday, Nov. 29, 91.1% (4,223,237) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 87.8% (4,067,778) received their second dose.
In addition, 91.5% (3,957,892) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 88.3% (3,818,730) received their second dose.
Over a three-day period, B.C. is reporting 970 new cases of COVID-19, including two epi-linked cases, for a total of 218,068 cases in the province: Nov. 26-27 – 389 new cases; Nov. 27-28 – 309 new cases; Nov. 28-29 – 272 new cases.
There are currently 2,882 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 212,704 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 303 individuals are currently in hospital and 115 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
The new/active cases include:
* 189 new cases in Interior Health (total active cases: 534);
* 306 new cases in Fraser Health (total active cases: 1,015);
* 103 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health (total active cases: 396);
* 134 new cases in Northern Health (total active cases: 398);
* 238 new cases in Island Health (total active cases: 539).
In the past 72 hours, 11 new deaths have been reported, for a total of 2,333.
The new deaths include four in Interior Health, four in Fraser Health and three in Northern Health.
There have been no new health-care facility outbreaks. The outbreaks at Tabor Home and Maplewood House (Fraser Health) have been declared over for a total of six facilities with ongoing outbreaks.
From Nov. 19-25, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 59% of cases. From Nov. 12-25 they accounted for 67.2% of hospitalizations.
Past week cases (Nov. 19-25) – Total 2,464
* Not vaccinated: 1,367 (55.5%)
* Partially vaccinated: 87 (3.5%)
* Fully vaccinated: 1,010 (41.0%)
Past two weeks cases hospitalized (Nov. 12-25) – Total 284
* Not vaccinated: 175 (61.6%)
* Partially vaccinated: 16 (5.6%)
* Fully vaccinated: 93 (32.7%)
Past week, cases per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Nov. 19-25)
* Not vaccinated: 182
* Partially vaccinated: 40.3
* Fully vaccinated: 22.6
Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Nov. 12-25)
* Not vaccinated: 37
* Partially vaccinated: 10.3
* Fully vaccinated: 2
Since December 2020, the province has administered 8,672,194 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines.
Lead image: COVID-19 safety information at the entry to Don Cherry’s Lounge in Cranbrook. Carrie Schafer/e-KNOW photo