B.C.’s COVID-19 update for November 30
As of Tuesday, Nov. 30, 84.8% (4,225,218) of eligible people five and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 81.7% (4,069,988) have received their second dose.
In addition, 91.1% (4,224,201) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, 87.8% (4,069,967) received their second dose, and 10% (418,428) have received a third dose.
Also, 91.5% (3,958,775) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose, and 88.3% (3,820,698) have received their second dose.
B.C. is today reporting 358 new cases of COVID-19, including three epi-linked case, for a total of 218,426 cases in the province.
There are 2,889 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 213,053 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 300 individuals are in hospital and 104 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
The new/active cases include:
* 85 new cases in Interior Health (total active cases: 552);
* 107 new cases in Fraser Health (total active cases: 1,018);
* 53 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health (total active cases: 443);
* 56 new cases in Northern Health (total active cases: 337);
* 57 new cases in Island Health (total active cases: 539).
In the past 24 hours, no new deaths have been reported, for a total of 2,333.
There have been no new health-care facility outbreaks. The outbreak at Abbotsford Regional Hospital (Fraser Health) has been declared over, for a total of five facilities with ongoing outbreaks. None are in Interior Health.
From Nov. 22-28, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 58.2% of cases. From Nov. 15-28, they accounted for 65.9% of hospitalizations.
Past week cases (Nov. 22-28) – Total 2,342
* Not vaccinated: 1,269 (54.2%)
* Partially vaccinated: 93 (4.0%)
* Fully vaccinated: 980 (41.8%)
Past two weeks cases hospitalized (Nov. 15-28) – Total 223
* Not vaccinated: 135 (60.5%)
* Partially vaccinated: 12 (5.4%)
* Fully vaccinated: 76 (34.1%)
Past week, cases per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Nov. 22-28)
* Not vaccinated: 173.2
* Partially vaccinated: 41.8
* Fully vaccinated: 21.9
Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Nov. 15-28)
* Not vaccinated: 28.6
* Partially vaccinated: 8.3
* Fully vaccinated: 1.7
Since December 2020, the province has administered 8,688,112 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines.
Lead image: Directions and sanitizer at the entry to a Cranbrook coffee shop. Carrie Schafer/e-KNOW photo