B.C.’s COVID-19 update for October 26
As of Tuesday, Oct. 26, 89.6% (4,155,181) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 84.5% (3,918,385) have received their second dose.
In addition, 90.1% (3,896,273) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 85.2% (3,683,380) have received their second dose.
B.C. is reporting 457 new cases of COVID-19, including 12 epi-linked cases, for a total of 202,973 cases in the province.
There are 4,829 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 195,646 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 390 individuals are in hospital and 155 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
Note: Intensive care numbers are a subset of the total in hospital. They are not in addition to the number of people in hospital.
The new/active cases include:
* 83 new cases in Interior Health (total active cases: 642);
* 176 new cases in Fraser Health (total active cases: 2,002);
* 61 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health (total active cases: 670);
* 82 new cases in Northern Health (total active cases: 877);
* 55 new cases in Island Health (total active cases: 579).
In the past 24 hours, two new deaths have been reported in the Fraser Health and Northern Health regions, for an overall total of 2,131.
There have been no new health-care facility outbreaks. The outbreak at Evergreen Manor (Fraser Health) has been declared over, for a total of 28 active outbreaks
From Oct. 18-24, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 64.1% of cases. From Oct. 11-24, they accounted for 76.2% of hospitalizations.
Past week cases (Oct. 18-24) – Total 4,181
* Not vaccinated: 2,377 (56.9%);
* Partially vaccinated: 300 (7.2%);
* Fully vaccinated: 1,504 (36.0%);
Past two weeks cases hospitalized (Oct. 11-24) – Total 362
* Not vaccinated: 252 (69.6%);
* Partially vaccinated: 24 (6.6%);
* Fully vaccinated: 86 (23.8%).
Past week, cases per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Oct. 18-24)
* Not vaccinated: 288.8;
* Partially vaccinated: 95.1;
* Fully vaccinated: 35.2.
Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Oct. 11-24)
* Not vaccinated: 44.9;
* Partially vaccinated: 10.9;
* Fully vaccinated: 1.9.
Since December 2020, the province has administered 8,171,136 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines.
Lead image: Pp. Carrie Schafer/e-KNOW photo