Sixth Slopes for Hope Kimberley coming March 4
Over the years the popularity of Slopes for Hope has grown and other communities and ski hills have taken note. This year there are eight Slopes For Hope events happening in the Southern Interior of B.C.
“Thanks to fundraising by participants and generous donations from local businesses, this annual event has raised over $156,000 in Kimberley alone since its creation in 2011,” said Jenn Smith, Annual Giving Coordinator of the Canadian Cancer Society.
Although the day is all about having fun and raising money for the Canadian Cancer Society, the residents of Kimberley and Cranbrook are no different than any other community in Canada – many have been touched by cancer. On event day, participants will be given an armband that can be personalized with the name(s) of those they wish to honour.
Some of the exciting new things this year:
– Reduced registration fee! Only $10 for adults (free for youth 18 and under).
– HALF PRICE lift ticket for all Alpine participants (without a season pass) on event day.
– FREE day pass for all Nordic participants (without a season pass) on event day.
– Participants who raise $150 or more will have their name entered into a draw for a chance to win two return tickets from Pacific Coastal Airlines from Cranbrook to either Vancouver or Kelowna.
– CONQUER THE KOOTENAYS: Fisher Peak, Teepee, Tanglefoot and Northstar mountains. Alpine Challenge: ski/snowboard 20 runs on Main at the Kimberley Alpine Resort. Nordic Challenge: ski four loops of the six km trail at the Kimberley Nordic Centre.
– Family activities.
Challenge your friends and coworkers in raising funds for this important cause. Register and fundraise online or pick up a registration package from the Kimberley Visitor Information Centre near the Platzl. Be a participant, find a participant to sponsor, or donate online, all at www.slopesforhope.ca. Don’t forget to like us on Facebook!
Canadian Cancer Society