Still time to register as a Headbanger
Calling all wildlife enthusiasts and families to the 2019 Headbanger Festival!
The 2019 Headbanger Festival in Radium Hot Springs is set to be a fun-filled weekend with workshops, exciting presentations, and an opportunity to learn from local experts. If you enjoy learning about the cool parts of nature, you will love this weekend’s lineup of experiences.
Headbanger Festival Highlights
- Stories told by world traveler and conservationist, Brian Keating, which celebrate life and shed light on world-wide conservation issues.
- Family-friendly interpretive walks by local experts.
- Intro workshops to wildlife photography and nature-inspired works of art.
- A culinary experience: vegetarian cooking workshop.
- The 2019 Vancouver International Mountain Film Festival travelling films tour.
And of course, the resident Rocky Mountain Bighorn Sheep.
Commonly seen walking through the village, November brings on big excitement as male bighorn sheep enter their rut (breeding season). Watch rams fight for the right to breed with jaw-dropping force, as they clash heads to fight for dominance.
There is only 24 hours left to register for this weekend’s (Nov. 1 to 3) festival.