Halloween Safety Tips from Elk Valley RCMP
With respect to Halloween and COVID-19, please review the guidelines released by B.C. Centre for Disease Control.
Elk Valley RCMP would like to mention a few Halloween Safety Tips:
- Know where your children are going trick-or-treating with and when they plan to return home.
- Remind children to stay in their neighbourhoods.
- Remind children of which houses they can go to for safety if they get scared.
- Remind children to respect others’ property by staying off of lawns and gardens and avoiding houses with the lights off.
Drive slowly, especially in residential areas;
Approach intersections with extreme caution;
Limit distractions in your vehicle in case you need to react quickly;
If possible, avoid driving through subdivisions and areas full of trick-or-treaters.
- Wear light coloured or bring costumes, reflective tape and arm bands to increase visibility.
- Wear properly fitted costumes to reduce your chance of tripping.
The Elk Valley RCMP wishes everyone a safe, treated-filled Halloween.
– Cpl. Debra Katerenchuk is a member of Elk Valley RCMP Detachment