Home » Forecast says flurries and frost possible for weekend

Posted: September 26, 2019

Forecast says flurries and frost possible for weekend

Environment Canada forecasts possible snow flurries and a sharp drop in temperatures across the East Kootenay this upcoming weekend (Sept. 27-29). The flurries may also just be rain showers.

The fun begins this evening with nighttime temperatures forecast to dip to about 2 C with the risk of frost.

In Kootenay National Park the snow level is expected to lower to 1,600 metres this morning (Sept. 26). Wind chill is anticipated to dip to -6 overnight in the park area, with a 40% chance of flurries Friday afternoon (Sept. 27) with similar cold temperatures that night.

Flurries in higher terrain are anticipated (70% chance) to arrive Friday evening throughout the region.

The Cranbrook/Kimberley areas could get flurries along with rain showers on Friday evening, with a 40% chance of showers or flurries on Saturday (Sept. 28). Lows of -2 and the risk of frostbite are also forecasted.

On Saturday, there is a 40% chance of flurries in the Elk Valley, while the odds increase to 60% for flurries on Sunday, Sept. 29.

Low temperatures of -1 to -4 C could occur in the Elk Valley between this evening and Monday, Sept. 30.

In the Columbia Valley, the low could be about -2 with the risk of frost. There is a 60% chance of flurries Friday evening, with lows of about zero.

There is also a 40% chance of flurries/rain on Saturday, along with a mix of sun and cloud.

Snow is likely beyond 1,600 metres above sea level in the Creston area this weekend, while there is a 30% chance of rain in Golden on Friday, and, according to Environment Canada, sunny days on the weekend.

e-KNOW


Article Share
Author: